Hello, my friends!
Today’s Card was created for my son it was his 18th birthday yesterday I was looking for something a little bit different and fun so I created the shadowbox card. He and I both love the water that being said there’s nothing you won’t love about the Come Sail Away Suite. Beautiful, tranquil colors great sentiments coordinating Dies beautiful designer series paper also has coordinating embellishments of bakers twine and trinkets limitless possibilities with this wonderful Suite.
- You will need two pieces of Whisper White cardstock to create two card bases measuring 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Use one of your card bases and cut a half-inch off the backside. Now take your other card base and to the right of the center square line at the half-inch mark make a score line than on the right side make a half-inch core align cut a sliver of the edge flip it around and cut a sliver off the other edge.
- I now cut a piece of designer series paper measuring 5 3/8″ x 3 1/8″, you will place this on the second card base with the scoring at the half-inch mark to the left side of the card this will also be the same space you cut out to create your shadowbox.
- Now you will need a piece of Whisper White measuring 5 “x 3” I stamped the Lighthouse and the Seagulls and colored them and using the Stampin Blend markers to create your scene.
- Using additional scrap pieces of Whisper White cardstock I stamped a large Boat and a small Boat with Momento ink and Color them ink using the Stampin Blend Marker, then cut them out using the coordinating dies.
- Glue the larger boat to the inside bottom left of your cut out shape( I used the Nested Label dies).
- Now place a piece of Tear & Tape down the 1/2 space to the left. You will now place this right up to the edge of your score in line lying flat on the back of the card base (the piece that you cut a 1/2″ off), fold over the front of the card this will attach it and crate the shadowbox.
- We will now decorate the front of the card, Cut a piece of Night of Navy card stock measuring 5 1/4″ x 4 1/8″.
Using the Stitched Shaped Dies I cut out the Large circle of the coordinating designer series paper.
- Stamp your sentiment “happy birthday” from the Well Said stamp set using Versamark ink onto Night of Navy cardstock using White embossing powder then heat set with your heat tool. Back to the sentiment with scrap pieces of Whisper White.
- I glued down the circle of designer series paper then glued the sentiment happy birthday on top, adhere the small boat to the right-hand side using dimensional. Add an a little piece of White Bakers Twine to the Sail Away Trinket of the anchor attach using a glue dot.
- I separated the Bakers Twine and use the Night of Navy piece to attach to the designer series paper added a knot with a frayed end.
- Glue your designer series paper you cut out using the Stitched Rectangle Dies onto your Night of Navy piece of cardstock then glue down onto the front of the card.
- Now add additional pieces of Tear & Tape to create your shadowbox.
- Fold over the back of the Back of your card it will glue onto the tear and tape and create your shadowbox.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s dimensional card, it was quite fun to create and I absolutely love the end results!
Danette@ Savvy Stamps
Please use online shopping code when shopping in my online store, spending $25-$149 in August for a free gift in September.
August’s online shopping code MNG3ARUR
As a Bonus, any order over $50.00 will also receive an additional Bloom & Grow Bundle Tutorial, a Four card Tutorial FREE!!