I hope everyone is healthy and happy today.
Today’s Christmas card was created with an out of the ordinary stamp set for a Christmas card the Bloom & Grow. I wanted to create a wreath so looking through my stamp sets I saw this tiny leave in this stamp set and I decided to create a Christmas wreath, the sentiment comes from the Peaceful Boughs stamp set.
At times we look at a stamp set and see not just the purpose it was created for I’m attempting to show you how to think outside the box so take a another look at those stamp sets, think out side the box and see what original creations you can achieve.
- Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Scored @ 4 1/4″
- Granny Apple Green cards stock (3) 5 1/4″ x 4″
- OH SO OMBRE DSP (3) 5′ x 3 3/4″
- 8 1/2″ x 11′ Basic White card Stock for all stamped images
- On your Whisper White card stock layer trace a circle, I used in embellishment container but you could use any circle size that you would like.
- Now using Old Olive ink and a small leaf image from the Bloom & Grow stamp set stamp around your circle.
- Using the small leaf Die from the Budding Blooms Dies that coordinates with stamp set cut out 13 leaves using Whisper White card stock ,using the negative image placed on the Stamparatus stamp all the leaves images rather quickly using Old Olive ink.
- Using my Stamparatus I stamp the sentiment “Seasons Greetings” from the Peaceful Bough Stamp Set to ensure I got it into the center of the wreath.
- Now using glue dots Layer your stamped leaves in various positions over the stamped images.
- I added Real Red Rhinestones around the wreath.
- I finished the wreath with a Linen Thread bow (doubled the thread). Attach your bow with a glue dot.
- Embossed your Real Red Card stock using the Tasteful Textile 3-D Embossing Folder.
- Attach your Whisper White layer using Dimensionals onto your Real Red card stock then glue these layers onto your Whisper White card Base.